The English Writing Center (EWC) offers free one-to-one consulting in English writing to all members of the TUM community.
Please bring to your appointment up to 5 pages of a text. It might be a section of a thesis or article, an essay or homework assignment, a CV or cover letter, or any other English text.
The English lecturers and student Writing Fellows in the EWC help you develop long-term proficiency in English writing, while polishing your actual texts in the process.
Follow us on Instagram: Instagram
- You may book one appointment per day, three per week, and twelve per semester
- You can book appointments up to one month in advance.
- Please verify your email address before booking. Otherwise you will not receive a confirmation of the booking.
- If you are unable to find any available appointments at this time, we encourage you to check back at a later date. The EWC is constantly adding new appointments to the schedule, in order to accommodate as many clients as possible.
Confirmation of the booking:
- You will receive a confirmation e-mail upon making an appointment and an automatic meeting invitation two hours before your appointment. If you do not receive an e-mail, please let us know.
For the appointment
- If you are unable to attend, please cancel the appointment at least 24 hours in advance (see link in the confirmation email).
- Bring a printed, double-spaced copy of your text to the appointment to facilitate annotating.
- For virtual appointments, be prepared to share your text via screen sharing in Zoom.
- Locate the room at the appropriate campus beforehand.
REMARK: Our service is to teach you to improve your writing, not to proofread your texts. So please always do your best to implement what you’ve learned in your whole text before making another appointment. That way the lessons build on one another.
Munich City Campus
Tel. +49 (0)89 289-25298
Raum MW 0808
85748 Garching b. München
Tel. +49 (0)89 289-15102
Next to Seminarraum 1.04
Weihenstephaner Berg 13
Tel. +49 (0)8161 71-5336
Room D1, 1. OG
We also offer appointments through Zoom for TUM affiliates not currently based in Munich.
If you have booked a Zoom appointment, you will receive an e-mail with a meeting invitation two hours before the appointment is scheduled to start. Please join the meeting on time and wait in the virtual waiting room, if necessary.