Certificate: German for Engineers B2/C1
The program is aimed at international students who want to work as engineers in Germany or with a connection to Germany. We help you supplement your already good knowledge of German with technical language, job-related and intercultural skills. With the certificate, you can show future employers that you have prepared yourself optimally for the German labor market.
Requirements for participation
You can participate in the program if …
- you are an international student in a Bachelor's or Master's degree program or a doctoral candidate in the field of engineering (no exchange students) and
- you have good or very good German language skills (level B2.1 and above).
Please choose one of the following courses (each 2 contact hours, 3 ECTS):
- German for Bachelor’s Students – Informatics: Understanding and Writing Scientific Texts C1 (only in the winter semester)
- German for Studying – Informatics: Writing, Presenting and Discussing Scientific Texts C1 (only in the summer semester)
- German for Master’s Students: Electrical and Computer Engineering C1
- German for Engineers – Describing and Comparing Technial Basics and Principles B2
- German for Engineers – Presenting and Discussing Next-Gerneration Technologies C1
Please choose one of the following courses :
- Communication at Work: German for Internships and on the Job B2+C1 (Intensive course in the semester break, 2 contact hours, 1 ECTS)
- German as a Foreign Language B2.2 - Communication in Companies (2 contact hours, 3 ECTS)
- German as a Foreign Language C1 - Communication in Companies (2 contact hours, 3 ECTS)
Together with The Association of German Engineers (VDI , we are organizing two obligatory evening events for you:
- on current developments and future technologies
- on the professional practice of international engineers
You can apply for the summer semester 2024 from May 6 to June 2, 2024.
Please fill out the registration form (only open during application period) and upload the following documents:
- A letter of motivation (ca. 200 words), in which you outline why you are interested in the program and what you expect from it.
- A screenshot of the result of our placement test.
- An additional scan of a certificate if you have already completed a standard German proficiency test (e.g., from the Goethe Institute or TestDaF).
After sending the registration form you will receive a confirmation via e-mail. If you do not receive that e-mail or if you have other problems with the registration form, please contact hartkopf(at)zv.tum.de.
You can complete our certificate program either at level B2 or C1.