This program offers master students in the TUM School of Computation, Information and Technology guaranteed places in exclusive courses at convenient course times to learn German quickly and in an environment of peers.
Do you already have German skills at the A1.1 level and now want to quickly reach B1? German Matters supports you in gaining German skills that move you from the A1.2 to B1.1 levels. For three semesters, you put together your individualized German learning program, choosing from a mix of language courses and additional offerings.
Once you have applied and been accepted to the program, you will receive a ticket that is valid for three semesters. The advantages of the tickets include:
- You can participate in exclusive courses at levels A1.2 to B1.1. For German Matters participants we offer courses in coveted time slots (from 4 p.m. or on Fridays).
- You can also choose from courses in our regular German program if the exclusive German Matters courses do not suit your schedule.
- Since you are guaranteed a place in a German class, you can integrate your German learning into your individual schedule.
- During the lecture-free period, you can attend exclusive refresher courses or intensive courses.
- In intercultural and career-oriented training courses, you can sharpen your skills for your studies and future career.
- If you wish, the Alumni & Career Team will match you with TUM alumni – for a short job talk or longer-term as mentees.
Registration / Application
As an applicant you must
- be an international Master's student at the School of Computation, Information and Technology.
- have German language skills (at least A1.1). Ideally, you have already attended a German course at TUM or at another institution.
- indicate in the application form at which course level you would like to start. You can take our placement test for orientation. Please note: You can attend courses at levels A1.2 to B1.1 in the "German Matters" program. If you are interested in a different course level, our regular German program offers many options for you.
You can apply from Feb 23 until March 14, 2024 for the summer semester 2024 program. We will accept 85 new students into the program. If more qualified students than that apply, selection will be done by lottery.
Contact persons at your department
For questions concerning workload and the compatibility of German Matters and your master's program, please contact the person responsible in your department: