Certificate: German for Engineers B2/C1
Would you like to work with Germans or for a German engineering company after your studies? If so, this program is designed to help you improve your technical and business German language skills.
Requirements for participation
You can participate in the program if …
- you are an international student in a Bachelor's or Master's degree program or a doctoral candidate in the field of engineering (no exchange students) and
- you have good or very good German language skills (level B2.1 and above).
The program consists of three modules and the two evening events:
1. German for specific purposes
Please choose one of the following courses:
- German for Bachelor’s Students – Informatics: Understanding and Writing Scientific Texts C1 (only in the winter semester)
- German for Studying – Informatics: Writing, Presenting and Discussing Scientific Texts C1 (only in the summer semester)
- German for Master’s Students: Electrical and Computer Engineering C1
- German for Engineers – Describing and Comparing Technial Basics and Principles B2
- German for Engineers – Presenting and Discussing Next-Gerneration Technologies C1
2. Communication at work
- German as a Foreign Language B2.2 - Communication in Companies
- Communication at Work: German for Internships and on the Job B2+C1 (Intensive course in the semester break)
3. Intercultural competence
- Intercultural Communication: Working in Germany as an Engineer B2+C1 (Intensive course at the end of the semester)
Furthermore, we will organise two mandatory evening events with the The Association of German Engineers (VDI) on current developments and future technologies and on the professional practice of international engineers.
In the summer semester 2022, you can apply from May 23rd until June 26th, 2022.
Please fill out the registration form (only open during application period) and upload the following documents:
- a letter of motivation (ca. 200 words), in which you outline, why you are interested in the program and what you expect from it.
- a screenshot of the result of our placement test,
- possibly an additional scan of a certificate if you have already completed a standardized German proficiency test (e. g. of the Goethe-Institute, TestDaF).
After sending the registration form you will receive a confirmation via e-mail. If you do not receive that e-mail or if you have other problems with the registration form, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can complete our certificate program either on level B2 or C1.
Dr. Dorothea Hartkopf
German as a Foreign Language Lecturer
On Mondays from 14:00 to 15:00
By arrangement during the semester break
Room 105, Richard-Wagner-Str. 3 (MUC)