Certificate: German for Engineers
Would you like to work with Germans or for a German engineering company after your studies? If so, this program is designed to help you improve your technical and business German language skills.
Requirements for participation
You can participate in the program if …
- you are an international student in a Bachelor's or Master's degree program or a doctoral candidate in the field of engineering (no exchange students) and
- you have good or very good German language skills (level B2.1 and above).
The program consists of three modules and the two evening events:
1. German for specific purposes
Please choose one of the following courses:
- German for Bachelor’s Students – Informatics: Understanding and Writing Scientific Texts C1 (only in the winter semester)
- German for Studying – Informatics: Writing, Presenting and Discussing Scientific Texts C1 (only in the summer semester)
- German for Master’s Students: Electrical and Computer Engineering C1
- German for Engineers – Describing and Comparing Technial Basics and Principles B2
- German for Engineers – Presenting and Discussing Next-Gerneration Technologies C1
2. Communication at work
- Communication at Work: German for Internships and on the Job B2+C1 (Intensive course in the semester break)
3. Intercultural competence
- Intercultural Communication: Working in Germany as an Engineer B2+C1 (Intensive course at the end of the semester)
Furthermore, we will organise two mandatory evening events with the The Association of German Engineers (VDI) on current developments and future technologies and on the professional practice of international engineers.
You can register for the program between May 13 and June 9, 2019. Please fill out the registration form, which you will find on this website during the registration period. Furthermore, you will have to send us:
- a letter of motivation (ca. 200 words), in which you outline, why you are interested in the program and what you expect from it.
- a screenshot of the result of our placement test,
- possibly an additional scan of a certificate if you have already completed a standardized German proficiency test (e. g. of the Goethe-Institute, TestDaF).
You can complete our certificate program either on level B2 or C1.
Dr. Dorothea Hartkopf
German as a Foreign Language Lecturer
On Thursdays from 14:00 to 15:00
By arrangement during the semester break
Room 105, Richard-Wagner-Str. 3 (MUC)