Interactive Editing Service
Interactive editing is a collaborative, iterative approach to revising texts. Our aim is to help you become a more autonomous writer as we work together to improve your texts. The service is free to all TUM professors, post-docs, and other staff, as well as doctoral candidates if capacity permits.
This is not a drop-off editing service.
How it works:
- You make an appointment in the Coaching Calendar or email us to set up appointments. We can either go our offices, meet at the TUM Language Center, or find a mutually convenient location.
- During sessions we will help identify systematic errors and offer language coaching to help you correct these.
- We will also suggest and discuss with you changes to style, layout, structure and argumentation.
- We are happy to look at texts of all formats, styles and genres, as long as they are directly relevant to TUM activities.
For an initial assessment of your requirements, contact Stephen Starck by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note the following:
- In principal, there is no limit on text length, but we cannot guarantee we will be able to review your entire text. We generally work on teaching scripts and texts for publication but do not edit dissertations.
- Please come to your appointment with the printed text, double-spaced and in a reasonable font size. This makes our work together easier.
- Please bring documents in Word (rather than LaTex or pdf). This will allow for inclusion of tracking changes and comments.
- Please leave sufficient time for interactive editing – book as far in advance as possible.
- Please note that the demand for the coaches is high, and we will not always be able to meet your specific requirements or deadlines.