The TUM Language Center plays a central role in the internationalization initiative of the Technical University Munich. We offer students and staff diverse opportunities to develop competence in a foreign language in addition to professional communication skills. Our program strongly emphasizes intercultural communication in the context of scientific research.
The program of the intensive courses in the lecture-free period is now available in TUMonline.
Registration starts 3 weeks before the first day of the intensive course.
Examinations are taken in the form of course-related academic work.
During the online summer semester 2020 the TUM Language Center will use an cumulative performance assessment system to grade all language courses.
In order to obtain a valid grade for your course, you must register for the ‘final exam’ in TUMonline between 25.05.2020 and 05.06.2020.
If you decide not to be graded, you will need to cancel your registration.
Late cancellations or de-registration are not possible!
- Writing Assistance German as a Foreign Language: Until further notice, writing assistance can only be offerd via Skype or Zoom. You will need your own PC/Laptop to be able to edit your text, as well as Internet connection.
- Chinese Online-Course: Online course for beginners, a quick way to speak and understand Chinese in 13 lectures for free.
- Global Minds Webinar: Sweden
- English Courses for Staff: course online available
- DaF language coaching available for new international professors (work in progress)
Independently of the online courses at the TUM Language Center the vhb offers online-courses, as well. A late entry may still be possible. For more information please contact the vhb directly.
Courses during the Semester, Writing Consulting German & English, TUMtandem, Language Test and Certificates…
Our Program for Students
DaF for Staff, English Coaching Program, Writing Consulting German & English…
Our Program for TUM Staff
Would you like to improve your academic writing skills in German or English?
Here you will find support
Tandem learning is a language learning method in an autonomous and collaborative manner.
Here you will find information about our program