The TUM Language Center plays a central role in the internationalization initiative of the Technical University Munich. We offer students and staff diverse opportunities to develop competence in a foreign language in addition to professional communication skills. Our program strongly emphasizes intercultural communication in the context of scientific research.
From July 15, 2021 you can register for our intensive courses via TUMonline.
Please use the filters to choose the correct semester (2021 S) and search for “intensive course”.
If you want to register for our German intensive courses in October please choose 2021 W.
Once the registration period is over, TUMonline automatically assigns students places.
Learn more about the registration and allocation process.
- Writing Assistance German as a Foreign Language: Until further notice, writing assistance can only be offerd via Skype or Zoom. You will need your own PC/Laptop to be able to edit your text, as well as Internet connection.
- Chinese Online-Course: Online course for beginners, a quick way to speak and understand Chinese in 13 lectures for free.
- Global Minds Webinar: Russia (18.01.2021), Portugal (21.01.2021)
- English Courses for Staff: course online available
- DaF language coaching available for new international professors (work in progress)
- Online e-proctored English DAAD testing is now available: We are now offering a monthly test on Moodle using e-proctoring, further information on the English DAAD Testing webpage
- Online e-proctored French DAAD testing is also available
Independently of the online courses at the TUM Language Center the vhb offers online-courses, as well. A late entry may still be possible. For more information please contact the vhb directly.
Courses during the Semester, Writing Consulting German & English, TUMtandem, Language Test and Certificates…
Our Program for Students
DaF for Staff, English Coaching Program, Writing Consulting German & English…
Our Program for TUM Staff
Would you like to improve your academic writing skills in German or English?
Here you will find support
Tandem learning is a language learning method in an autonomous and collaborative manner.
Here you will find information about our program