The TUM Language Center plays a central role in the internationalization initiative of the Technical University Munich. We offer students and staff diverse opportunities to develop competence in a foreign language in addition to professional communication skills. Our program strongly emphasizes intercultural communication in the context of scientific research.
The TUMonline registration for our language courses is open again
from 22.10. - 29.10.
for Arabic, Chinese, Danish, English, French, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Dutch, Norwegian, Portuguese, Russian, Swedish, Spanish, Turkish
from 29.10. – 05.11.
for German as a Foreign Language
However, due to the high demand, we cannot guarantee you a confimed place.
In the online winter semester 2020/21, all exams in our language courses will be completed in the form of semester-accompanying academic work.
You will find the program for the winter semester in TUMonline from 15.09.2020.
From 01.10.2020 on, registrations in TUMonline are possible.
Please note that the places are no longer allocated via First-Come-First-Serve. You can therefore register at any time during the registration period. More information about assignment of places
- Writing Assistance German as a Foreign Language: Until further notice, writing assistance can only be offerd via Skype or Zoom. You will need your own PC/Laptop to be able to edit your text, as well as Internet connection.
- Chinese Online-Course: Online course for beginners, a quick way to speak and understand Chinese in 13 lectures for free.
- Global Minds Webinar: Sweden
- English Courses for Staff: course online available
- DaF language coaching available for new international professors (work in progress)
Independently of the online courses at the TUM Language Center the vhb offers online-courses, as well. A late entry may still be possible. For more information please contact the vhb directly.
Courses during the Semester, Writing Consulting German & English, TUMtandem, Language Test and Certificates…
Our Program for Students
DaF for Staff, English Coaching Program, Writing Consulting German & English…
Our Program for TUM Staff
Would you like to improve your academic writing skills in German or English?
Here you will find support
Tandem learning is a language learning method in an autonomous and collaborative manner.
Here you will find information about our program