The TUM Language Center plays a central role in the internationalization initiative of the Technical University Munich. We offer students and staff diverse opportunities to develop competence in a foreign language in addition to professional communication skills. Our program strongly emphasizes intercultural communication in the context of scientific research.
The application period runs from 25.02.2021 - 08.04.2021.
Places are not allocated on a first-come-first-served basis.
You can therefore register at any time during the registration period.
You can find information on how to register in TUMonline here.
- Writing Assistance German as a Foreign Language: Until further notice, writing assistance can only be offerd via Skype or Zoom. You will need your own PC/Laptop to be able to edit your text, as well as Internet connection.
- Chinese Online-Course: Online course for beginners, a quick way to speak and understand Chinese in 13 lectures for free.
- Global Minds Webinar: Russia (18.01.2021), Portugal (21.01.2021)
- English Courses for Staff: course online available
- DaF language coaching available for new international professors (work in progress)
- Online e-proctored English DAAD testing is now available: We are now offering a monthly test on Moodle using e-proctoring, further information on the English DAAD Testing webpage
- Online e-proctored French DAAD testing is also available
Independently of the online courses at the TUM Language Center the vhb offers online-courses, as well. A late entry may still be possible. For more information please contact the vhb directly.
Courses during the Semester, Writing Consulting German & English, TUMtandem, Language Test and Certificates…
Our Program for Students
DaF for Staff, English Coaching Program, Writing Consulting German & English…
Our Program for TUM Staff
Would you like to improve your academic writing skills in German or English?
Here you will find support
Tandem learning is a language learning method in an autonomous and collaborative manner.
Here you will find information about our program