What should I consider before registering?
- Please note that you can only register once your enrollment at TUM is completed. For more information, please visit www.tum.de/en/studies/
- Students with previous experience with the language, please check your language level using our placement test on www.moodle.tum.de or choose a course one level up from your most recently completed course in this language, provided the course was at the TUM, a partner university, or another European university.
- If you have no previous knowledge of the language, register for a course at level A1.1 following the CEFR.
How do I register?
- The registration deadlines can be found in the registration details of the course on TUMonline.
- Places will no longer be allocated on a first-come-first-serve basis. You can therefore register at any time during the registration period.
- For registration assistance, please use our instructions for registration.
How are places allocated?
- Once the registration period is over, TUMonline automatically assigns students places in the course, corresponding to the ranking options specified in the registration details of the respective course.
- Students who have been assigned a fixed place, will receive an email from TUMonline.
- If you see “requirements met” listed by your name, this means you are in a waiting position. You will not receive any notification from TUMonline.
What happens if I am assigned a fixed place?
- If you are not present on the 1st day of the course, please contact your lecturer by e-mail, otherwise you will lose your fixed place. The following information is important in the e-mail: name, first name, matriculation number, course level, day, time, and group.
- Please de-register yourself if you no longer wish to attend the course.
Can I still get a fixed place after the end of the registration period?
- If you are not assigned a fixed place once the registration period is over, the description “requirements met” will still be next to your name. It means that you are in a waiting position.
- For our courses during the semester another automated allocation takes place after the second week of the course, in which places that have become free are filled. If you are not assigned a place here either, you will receive a rejection by e-mail.
- This second distribution does not take place in our intensive courses in the lecture free period. Here, the lecturer can let students move up if places become free.
We kindly ask for your understanding that the number of places is limited.
The TUM Language Center reserves the right to cancel the courses should the number of present participants be low.