TUM Language Center programs are free and available to all members of the TUM community:
- Students and exchange students at TUM
- TUM employees (if capacity allows)
- doctoral candidates at TUM (if capacity allows)
You can participate in all Language Center courses and programs. The only exceptions are programs developed and financed in cooperation with faculties and limited to students of those faculties.
The TUM Language Center reserves the right, in case of low number of present participants to cancel the courses.
- Students and exchange students at TUM can register via TUMonline.
- Doctoral students
(who are signed in for a PhD program and therefore have student status in TUMonline)
Register only via TUMonline.
Please do not register as staff member and as student at the same time!
For information on our staff program please see the point TUM employees.
- TUM employees and doctoral candidates (without student status in TUMonline) should write an email to the lecturer of the course beforehand and then come to the first lesson.
For German as a Foreign Language and English please use our staff program:
Students without a confirmed place should come to the first lesson and ask the instructor for a place.
A placement test is necessary from level A1.2 for the courses in German as a Foreign Language, English, French, Italian and Spanish.
The TUM Language Center has been part of the elaboration of the complementary descriptors „CEFR Companion Volume with New Descriptors":
The New Descriptors including Sign Languages, which is intended as a complement to the CEFR has be launched by the Education Policy Division of the Council of Europe in Strasbourg in May 2018.