English Writing Courses
We offer a wide range of academic writing courses in English at the B2, C1 and C2 levels. These courses thoroughly prepare you to write a thesis or other scientific texts in English. Click here for an overview in TUMonline, or visit our English Courses page for course descriptions and a schedule overview.
Bachelor's students planning on doing an English-language master's program might consider our Gateway to English Master's courses, which fulfill the English-language requirement for admission.
German Writing Courses
To help you strengthen your writing competence at the B1 level and up, we are offering the following courses:
- a writing course at the B1 level
- a course in academic writing (B2+C1) during the semester and during the semester break.
- the course "German in your bachelor's studies – Computer Science: Writing and understanding scientific texts" (C1)
- thesis writing workshop series "Fit for your Thesis"
- Job Application Workshop, supporting you as you prepare applications for jobs, internships and universities
Professors are welcome to join the English Coaching Program to receive free one-to-one support with their written or spoken English. Academic and non-academic staff can also work with a coach in small groups with colleagues from their department. The appointments are fully tailored to your needs.
Writing Consulting - DE & EN
Visit the English Writing Center or Deutsche Schreibberatung to receive one-to-one consulting in your writing. You can make as many as 3 appointments in a week and 12 throughout the semester. This free service is an excellent way to learn long-term writing skills while improving your thesis, articles, essays, CV, or any other text you have to write during your studies.